The CGS Deans Discussion Board is an electronic forum where graduate deans and other senior staff exchange questions, ideas and institutional practices. Common topics include financial aid, admissions, joint and dual degree programs, and administrative policies, among many others.
The CGS Deans Discussion Board is owned and moderated by the Council of Graduate Schools (CGS). Content is reviewed to assure that messages are appropriate for our subscribers.
- Privacy. While user access to the discussion board is restricted to CGS members, please note that the “email” feature allows any user to email posts more broadly. Please use discretion when using the discussion board.
- Check for open topics. Before posting a new topic, please check to see if there is already a topic open on the subject.
- Please use descriptive titles for new posts. Avoid “generic” post subjects like “Help” or “Question.” You will receive a better response to your posts by making your title more descriptive.
- No advertising or links to advertising or “Spam” is permitted. Members may use the GradEdge newsletter to place paid advertisements for grant/fellowship opportunities, conferences, meetings, or other items that are relevant to the graduate education community. Career Portal may be used for posting career opportunities at your institution.
- Advertising or spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting something.
- Links promoting fundraising, advocacy, etc. are not permitted.
- Sharing of links to helpful and relevant web sites and resources is allowed if they are not used for a promotional purpose.
- Posts that violate posting rules may be deleted.
CGS reserves the right to change and update rules and guidelines for posting at any time.