The Council of Graduate Schools’ 2023-2024 Federal Policy Agenda outlines CGS’s federal policy principles and priorities impacting graduate education.
- Federal Student Loans and Financial Aid
- Priming Tax Policies to Support Graduate Education
- Advancing American Research and Innovation
- Promote the U.S. Through International Graduate Education and Research
- Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Communicating the Importance of the Master’s Degree
Strengthen federal financial aid programs that allow individuals to access and complete graduate degrees in order to promote a competitive U.S. workforce.
- Guiding Principles and Priorities for Graduate Student Loans and Financial Aid
- Maximizing Pell Grants to Support Graduate Students
- How Graduate Students Finance Their Education
- Federal Financial Support for U.S. Graduate Students During COVID-19
- Accessing Grad Ed: Grad PLUS Direct Loan Program
- Federal Investment in Grad Ed: Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need
Advocate for immigration and visa policies that encourage the exchange of both American and international students.