The Council of Graduate Schools’ 2023-2024 Federal Policy Agenda outlines CGS’s federal policy principles and priorities impacting graduate education.
- Federal Student Loans and Financial Aid
- Priming Tax Policies to Support Graduate Education
- Advancing American Research and Innovation
- Promote the U.S. Through International Graduate Education and Research
- Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Communicating the Importance of the Master’s Degree
Strengthen Federal Student Loans and Financial Aid
Strengthen federal financial aid programs that allow individuals to access and complete graduate degrees in order to promote a competitive U.S. workforce.
- Guiding Principles and Priorities for Graduate Student Loans and Financial Aid
- Maximizing Pell Grants to Support Graduate Students
- How Graduate Students Finance Their Education
- Federal Financial Support for U.S. Graduate Students During COVID-19
- Accessing Grad Ed: Grad PLUS Direct Loan Program
- Federal Investment in Grad Ed: Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need
Priming Tax Policies to Support Graduate Education
Promote tax policies that encourage the pursuit of graduate education by providing incentives that increase access and affordability.
Promote the U.S. through International Graduate Education and Research
Advocate for immigration and visa policies that encourage the exchange of both American and international students.
Advancing Research and Innovation
Invest in science and research that is critical to the nation’s ability to remain globally competitive, as well as the benchmark in terms of timely breakthroughs and innovation.
Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Support federal policies that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion both within our graduate programs and the workforce.
Communicating the Importance of the Master’s Degree
Support investments and activities that promote access to master’s education.