The Council of Graduate Schools’ 2021-2022 Federal Policy Agenda outlines CGS’s federal policy principles and priorities impacting graduate education.
- Strengthen Federal Student Loans and Financial Aid
- Priming Tax Policies to Support Graduate Education
- Promote the U.S. through International Graduate Education and Research
- Advancing Research and Innovation
- Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Promoting Graduate Student Success and Wellbeing
Strengthen federal financial aid programs that allow individuals to access and complete graduate degrees in order to promote a competitive U.S. workforce.
- Guiding Principles and Priorities for Graduate Student Loans and Financial Aid
- Maximizing Pell Grants to Support Graduate Students
- How Graduate Students Finance Their Education
- Federal Financial Support for U.S. Graduate Students During COVID-19
- Accessing Grad Ed: Grad PLUS Direct Loan Program
- Federal Investment in Grad Ed: Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need
Advocate for immigration and visa policies that encourage the exchange of both American and international students.
Support investments and activities that allow graduate students to fully thrive in their education and research.